Acupuncture is one of the keystones of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), a 5,000-year-old approach to medicine.
Acupuncture works with the body’s life-energy or bioelectric energy, referred to as Qi (pronounced "chee") in Chinese medicine. Qi flows in well-defined pathways throughout the body.
Acupuncture points are places where this energy flow tends to get stuck, and is easily accessible. Pain, illness and discomfort are symptoms of blocked or disrupted energy flow. After the causes and origins of the blockage are identified, the Qi is accessed through particular acupuncture points, and smooth balanced flow is carefully encouraged. As harmonious flow is restored, the entire body benefits, and symptoms tend to disappear.
Who is Acupuncture Good For?
- Those who want to better their health through natural methods
- Those for whom western medicine has not been successful
- Those seeking support in achieving a health goal
- Those interested in taking an active role in their health
- Those experiencing pain or discomfort
- Those looking to address addiction
- Those wanting to make a lifestyle change
- Active, physical individuals looking to relieve strain on the body or to improve athletic performance
- Anyone not aware of or familiar with traditional Chinese medicine who wants to investigate how it may support them, their health and healing
What is Acupuncture Good For?
- Relief of Pain
- Easing digestive issues
- Improving quality of sleep
- Supporting the immune system
- Promoting a positive mental state and outlook
- Increasing relaxation and calm in today's stressful world
- Supporting the healing process after injury, surgery, or chronic disease.
- Stimulating lines of energy to address blockage or stagnancy in the body